Sunday, March 27, 2011

EQUINOX PINK CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH...

Brunch is one thing that I hadn't yet tried...until today! I'd be saving myself for Pink Champagne Brunch at Equniox restaurant at Swissotel The Stamford.  A series of special "Pink Themed" Sunday Brunches had been introduced here, so the girls and I booked ourselves in! When we arrived this morning at 11.30am the Equinox staff greeted us decked out in hot pink shirts and dresses, with pink balloons and flowers decorating the 70th floor restaurant. The view from here is great! And the food ... even better ... a huge selection of appetisers, soups and salads, seafood, Japanese sushi, a carving station, cheese and crackers, and a great desert selection including a pink chocolate fountain. The best bit...all served up with Pink Moet & Chandon Rose (which is also used in a lot of their cooking!)



For all those of you who know me, you can imagine that I was in my element with all that rose! Not just champagne but cocktails too! As many as you want! Amazing! To start with...seafood! Prawns, crab, lobster, salmon, oysters, mussels, scallops...

There was so much choice...too much in fact. I think if you were to eat a little bit of everything you would need a crane to come and rescue you at the end of the session...


In between the delicious food there was plenty of entertainment. Live music from a great duo. The Pink Panther...


...and a balloon modeller, who kept us entertained making bunches of balloon flowers, rabbits, elephants and for me...a dragon (although I'm not quite sure I can see the resemblance to be honest...good effort though!)


To finish, amazing little deserts from pastry chef Ming. The highlight, a pink chocolate fountain for dipping strawberries and melon! Freshly baked souffle crepes and plenty of other deserts, all looking pretty much like "art on a plate".


I can safely say that the three of us were absolutely stuffed...full of lots of delicious food and plenty of rose champagne and pink cocktails from cocktail architect Richard Gillam. Five dedicated pink drinks for the brunch. A Mary Pickford, a Rosito, Peach and Guava Bellini, the Equinox Rose Classic and the Passionista (my favourite!) I'm really looking forward to trying out more brunches around Singapore, hopefully fitting one in whilst mum and dad are here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment