Friday, September 02, 2011

A YEAR AGO TODAY...

...I left the UK with no idea of what the year ahead had in store for me. It took me a lot of courage to make the move to Singapore and I never dreamt that I would be where I am today. One year later with absolutely no regrets I can honestly say that I have had an incredible time so far in Asia. Over the past year I have not only met an immense amount of people who have been so welcoming, but I have made some incredible friends. Jill and Victoria ... after living on my own for six years I never thought that flat-sharing was going to be such a great experience. Now known collectively as the RPG (River Palace Girls) the three of us have a great deal of fun! Many more memories to be made over the next year I'm sure of it! My work colleagues make every day such an enjoyable one and I thank Richard, Steve and Addison (and the rest of the team) for making me feel so welcome at Holmes and Marchant. They have made the last year of my career such a fantastic one! I look forward to what the year ahead has in store! I knew working in Asia was going to be a challenge, and every day is a learning curve, but I am loving every minute of it!


SEPTEMBER - ARRIVING IN SINGAPORE / FORMULA 1 / A VISIT FROM TOM AND PHIL


OCTOBER - MOVING INTO "THE PALACE" / THE BEDOK BALL


NOVEMBER - RUGBY 7'S WEEKEND / HOUSE WARMING


DECEMBER - A PRE-CHRISTMAS RPG CELEBRATION / CHRISTMAS IN THAILAND WITH TOM AND RACHEL


JANUARY - NEW YEAR WITH MIKEY / VISITING INDIA / ANZ BALL


FEBRUARY - CHINESE NEW YEAR / VISITING HOME AND CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS AGAIN / AN RPG ADVENTURE TO KUALA LUMPUR


MARCH - NICKS "IRONMAN" VISIT / PANCAKE PARTY AT THE PALACE / PINK CHAMPAGNE BRUNCH


APRIL - MUM AND DAD'S VISIT


MAY - SPENDING MY BIRTHDAY IN NEPAL AND FLYING OVER THE HIMILAYAYAS / MY BEACH RETREAT TO TIOMAN / DIM SUM BIRTHDAY BRUNCH / THRILLER LIVE / UNIVERSAL STUDIOS


JUNE - BEERFEST ASIA / KYLIE MINOGUE / BARE YOUR SOLE WALK / THE BOTANIC GARDENS


JULY - LITTLE INDIA'S LONGEST TABLE / VISITING MALACCA / VISITING HOME / LOUISE AND ANDREW'S WEDDING


AUGUST - WHITE COLLAR BOXING / ZOE'S BIRTHDAY BOAT / SINGAPORE NATIONAL DAY


SEPTEMBER - ROUNDING OFF THE YEAR IN BALI / CHRIS AND CAROLINE VISITING / SWAN LAKE ON ICE

So, a year over, just like that! I honestly can't quite get my head around how fast the last 12 months have gone. A massive thank you to everyone who has supported me through the highs and the (very few) lows I have had since I have been here, especially my fantastic parents for their non-stop encouragement...I really hope that I am making you proud! I'll never stop missing you! 

And as I go into my second year of my Asia adventure, I already have so many things to look forward to! Jennie's baby arrival, Christmas in Wales, another visit from mum and dad at Easter next year, Jo's baby arrival, Amanda visiting in January, a trip to Penang in October, Nicks next visit, Lauren and Ken's wedding, going to see Westlife, Formula 1, a Pink Ribbon Charity Walk, Carley and Regan stopping off, going to see Elton John, another Bedok Ball, Rugby 7's again...and many more adventures to new places...


No comments:

Post a Comment