Friday, December 20, 2013

WOMENS GREAT EASTERN RUN...

This year I set myself a challenge! I've never been a big runner. In fact I've never enjoyed it. The Colour Run was more of a walk and party run than a solid amount of time running. My challenge...to run a 10k race in order to raise money for Sands Stillbirth & Neonatal Death Charity. Why? In August I heard news that an old school friend, had suffered a tragic loss. I had no idea what Hannah and her husband, James, were going through, I just knew I needed to show some support. Betsy had also had a close friend lose a child also. So we decided to run together.


We are over the moon to say that we raised over $1366 for Sands charity. I was great fun taking part in the run. And we did it in 1 hour and 13 minutes! Now we have go the feel for running we have signed up for more. Another 10k in February of next year and a 21k in May! Hopefully we can beat our personal best.



You can read more about this amazing charity here:

http://www.uk-sands.org/home.html

No comments:

Post a Comment