Sunday, December 19, 2010

PARTY AT THE PALACE...

The party we have all been waiting for! We were hoping that our efforts would put every in the Christmas mood as it's very hard to feel Christmassy here when it's so warm! Preperation pretty much started Friday evening at 8pm and ran through until the party kicked off at 6pm yesterday evening. We were expecting about 25 people but as you can see below, we catered for about 50! So much food!


But all so yummy. Mulled wine, a huge turkey, a leg of lamb, honey roasted ham, garlic mash, carrots, boiled potatoes, cauliflower, broccoli, red cabbage and apple, stuffing balls, sweet potatoes with marshmallow (provided by Eric who is American), brusselsprouts with bacon and roasted potatoes (from the lovely Arlene and Liam) cheesy mashed potato with bacon bits (from Corine) mince pies (homemade by Char) cheeseboard (from Tom, Rach, Melissa, Greg & Sharon), more mince pies (from Erica and Steve) bread sauce (homemade by Jill) loads of gravy and of course Vodka jellies (made by Vic). Needless to say, there was loads left over, and as I write Jill is cooking up some bubble and squeak for our tea. Brings back lots of memories mum! A massive thank you to everyone who brought extras along. I think the girls and I will be eating leftovers into the New Year!


Entertainment was provided from all the musical talent! Tom, Liam, Mike and Rach rocked out a few Christmas tunes and got a great sing-song going. My ultimate highlight was our own version of Band Aid 2010. Check out the video on my facebook page. A massive thank you to those guys for providing such good tunes for us all. Tom and Rach still amaze me everytime they sing and Tom's recently been asked to host an open mic night here which we are all looking forward to supporting him at.


Rachel did a grand job of organising a girls against guys "Name Game" where the girls absolutely smashed the guys (although they will say they won!) which as it always does provided some laughs. I think we wrapped up at about 4am this morning. But definitely a Christmas party that has given me a great set of memories for my first Christmas in Singapore. Not quite sure how we will top that next year though!


So it's arrived. My second Christmas ever away from home and I'm feeling really sad as I write this. I've just had a few Skype calls with John and Darren, Amanda and my gorgeous mini-Coles. And despite the fact that its 30 degrees and I'm sat here in my bikini there really is no place like home at Christmas and I'm missing everyone so much. Congratulations to Kelly, Rob and of course Annabel who welcomed Charlie to their family this week. I can not wait to meet the little man! Happy Birthday to little Lauren who turns 18 tomorrow. To all the Bridgend girls, have a fantastic Christmas and I hope all the kids enjoy. To everyone in Windsor, hope you had a great 1HQ party...but where are the pictures?!? Lauren and Kenny...enjoy Ireland and give my love to Pat and Joan. Jennie and Stu...enjoy yourselves and hope you aren't working too much overtime! Amanda and Stew, have a great time gorgeous and I look forward to hearing how you all celebrated! To all my other friends and family who read this, enjoy every minute of your celebrations. And last but not least, Mum and Dad, you know that I'll be thinking of you and I miss you more than I can describe and hope that you, Chris, Terresa, Aunty Rose and Al have a great day. I can not describe how much excitement I am containing for my trip home when I get to see everyone again. Merry Christmas everybody! See you all in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment