Tuesday, October 16, 2012

WELCOME JENNIE...


I was so lucky to recently welcome Jennie over from the UK for her first trip to Singapore. A short but very very sweet visit. We managed to cram quite a few things in! After a fun Friday afternoon out on the Sightseeing bus (a great way to see the whole city) we spent the night on Club Street catching up with everyone. Followed by a very hectic flat move on the next day we spent the evening chilling and mooching around the new apartment...


Jennie and I have always spoken about going to Raffles for Singapore Slings so we decided to splash out and go to the Bar & Billiard Room there for Brunch on the Sunday. What an experience. All the brunches I've experienced in Singapore have been out of this world, but it was the little touches of the Raffles brunch that made me enjoy this one so much. Golden eggs desserts. Free flow Singapore Slings. A chair just for my handbag. Fab! 


Whilst Jennie was here it was Singapore Restaurant Week and I had booked us and Betsy a table at Stellar (1-Altitude) where we had a delicious lunch...


Spicy Unago Kimchee Roll with cucumber and chill flakes


Oven roasted corn-fed chicken, foie gras pilaf and chicken jus


Coconut mousse, rhum jelly, pineapple rum sorbet

After finishing our food we were lucky enough to be asked by the restaurant manager if we would like to go up to 1-Altitude. Usually a $25 cover charge and full of people on this occasion it was free, and there was only the three of us up there! A (very hot) great view for Jennie to see before her trip came to an end. I loved every minute of having Jennie with me in Singapore and I really hope that she'll come back to visit again some day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment