Sunday, June 04, 2017

BEDOK RESERVOIR...

Despite living in Singapore nearly seven years, there are still so many places that I haven't been! Bedok Reservoir being one of them! I've just returned from a 12km walk around the reservoir and back home. It's been an incredibly hot day, which actually started with a hangover, but the walk has done me the world of good in more ways than one. The exercise is obviously the first thing, the second is introducing me to another area of Singapore that I never knew existed! 


Bedok Reservoir Park is popular amongst joggers and water sports enthusiasts. A converted sand quarry, the park surrounds the 88-hectare Bedok Reservoir, making it a great place for water activities. The track around the park is 4.3km in total and has spectacular views all around the reservoir. 


I'm currently signed up for a few runs later int he year so I think I'm going to have to make more of Bedok Reservoir to train. Thankfully, the park is quite well lit and can be used early in the morning or later in the evening. The paths aren't all fully shaded though, and despite wearing sunscreen I still managed to catch some sun. Oooopppps. There are several water fountains along the course as well as WaWaWa Bistro which is a restaurant/cafe located in the sculpture garden of the park. 


Odd, but rather intriguing were these tall poles that have been erected for bird enthusiasts. Owners bring their birds during the cooler morning and sit listening to them singing throughout the day.


No comments:

Post a Comment