Tuesday, June 27, 2017

CURIOUS PALETTE...

The long weekend was full of rest and relaxation! I took full advantage of being able to catch up with some friends at this fantastic new find Curious Palette. 

Curious Palette is tucked away on Prinsep Street. A strip which is usually pretty lively in the evenings but was exceptionally quiet on Sunday. It's not a spot that I frequent very often, as I never really venture into town on the weekends. However, after discovering Curious Palette I may very well be spending more time here in the future! 


It's a family-friendly brunch spot which was perfect for Rachael and baby Ava! First impressions are that it's cosy and warm, which was great as there was an almighty storm brewing when I arrived! I took advantage of half an hour on my own reading my book and drinking English Brekkie Tea! I really do wish I drunk coffee as the menu looked very interested. Wasted on me though! 



I was the first person to arrive bang on 9am! Keen! And was amazed that when we left the place was packed. So unless you're an early bird and arrive at 9am I would suggest you make a reservation as people were being turned away when we were leaving at 1pm. Yep, we stayed four hours! Why? Because it was just so comfortable and the food was delicious! 



The all-day brunch menu is extensive and on offer from 9am, except for Tuesdays as they are closed. I decided to go for the Smashed Avocado on Focaccia with Feta cheese, poached egg, sesame seed mix, seasoned cherry tomatoes and bacon! It didn't disappoint. There were so many more dishes on the menu that I was keen to try! The Corned beef scotch egg will be my next choice when I visit again for sure! 

I would highly recommend Curious Palette. The brunch was tasty and the restaurant itself has a really nice ambience. When the place got full it was a lot louder than when I first arrived, but that's to be expected as the place is deceivingly bigger than what it looks like from outside. I even discovered after leaving that they have a second floor that is available for private event bookings. It's definitely one to remember and as it's open until 10pm week nights I would even be tempted to head back for dinner one night!


Curious Palette can be found at 64 Prinsep Street. Open Sunday, Monday, Wednesday & Thursday 9am - 10pm and Friday & Saturday 9am - Midnight. For more information visit their Facebook page : https://www.facebook.com/curiouspalette/

1 comment: