Sunday, January 23, 2011

AUSTCHAM "TRUE BLUE" AUSTRALIA DAY BALL...

My trip to India nearly squashed plans that I already had to attend the AustCham "True Blue" Australia Day Ball at The Stamford Swissotel. It's the same hotel that New Asia Bar is located except last nights ball was held in the one of the ball rooms. The biggest ballroom in Singapore in fact.


The organising principles of this evening have always been simple in concept - good food, good wine, great Aussie music and a great night out. Exactly what Jill and I were after when we booked the tickets last year. The event was actually a sell out, over 2000 people, but we managed to get on the reserve list and two tickets came up. Greeted with cocktails Jill and I are amazed at the volume of people and the ballroom looks fantastic. 200 tables of 10. We end up sat next to the AustCham ex Chairman! 


The gala dinner menu was delicious. Six courses. All served with free flow Australian wines!


The entertainment was 100% Kylie. The most successful Kylie show on the globe. She was the spitting image of her and sounded exactly like her. Everyone was amazed. Followed by The Enormous Horns, a ten piece all singing, all dancing party band direct from Sydney who were also pretty impressive. We left at 1am to head to Steve's 40th Birthday celebrations at Chijmes where we finished off the night. 


Happy Birthday today to Dan, who's officially getting old! Hope you've had a great day and a weekend of fun celebrations. So, it's nearly the end of January, which means two things. I have nearly been here for five whole months! And...I'm heading home for a holiday!! This time next week we will be celebrating Christmas...again! And I can not wait! But, before then I need to get rid of my "delhi belly". Since arriving back from India I've not been feeling too great and am currently lying in bed writing this suffering from very painful stomach cramps. Fingers crossed I'll be 100% and ready to fly by the end of the week. I look forward to seeing you all at some point whilst I'm visiting home.

No comments:

Post a Comment