Sunday, January 02, 2011

NEW ASIA...NEW YEAR...

It took us a while to decide what we were all going to do for New Year. None of us really knew what to expect as the majority of us have only been here for four months now. So we decided on New Asia Bar which is situated on the 71st floor of Singapore's tallest hotel, Swissotel. You can enjoy panoramic views of the city whilst drinking the night away at the sleek and ultra sexy bar.



Liam was kind enough to get our tickets in advance and Tom and Rachel started the party off early with pre-drinks and food at their new apartment where there was a lot of champagne consumed! I was amazed that despite only being here a few months there were 16 of us altogether. Although I don't have pictures of everyone who was out I can hopefully put a few faces to names finally.


TOP: Rachel, Tom, Me and Mikey have had a great few days whilst Mikes been visiting. My favourite New Year so far was Sydney 2008/2009 but this year despite it being a lot different to being sat on a rock in Sydney the four of us have created a few more awesome memories to add to the vast amount I already have.

MIDDLE LEFT : Mike and Liam. We first met Liam and his girlfriend Arlene (bottom) when they moved here not long after I had arrived. It's a small world. Liam in fact works for Mindshare who represent one of my clients so we share a mutual friend there. Liam met Mike whilst playing football, only to discover that Mike and his girlfriend Karen actually live in the apartment next door to them. They're neighbours! And as it happens Mike and Liam both love to play music as well as Tom and Rach so the guys are organising "The Sunday Sessions", an open mic night that we're hoping is going to take over The New Prince of Wales (a bar on Boat Quay).

MIDDLE RIGHT : Karen is Mike's other half seen here mid dance with Victoria.

BOTTOM : Rachel, Me and Arlene. I think the smiles show just how happy we all are! 

The night ended for me at 3am when my feet could not take anymore. We had danced all night! Unfortunately the last few days it's been raining heavily. So plans to show Mikey changed and we spent most of the day yesterday sleeping. Followed by a very chilled out BBQ mostly drinking soft drinks! I feel like the next few weeks most definitely need to be a detox.

I hope everyone back home in the UK had a great new year also. I personally can't quite believe it's 2011 as the last year since Christmas 2009 has flown by! But if there is one thing I've learnt about the last year is to embrace every moment. And, I will certainly be doing that in 2011...and it will certainly be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment