Monday, May 16, 2011

BIRTHDAY BRUNCH...

I've been celebrating my birthday a week early in Singapore this weekend as I will be in Nepal next weekend. Saturday night I was joined at a bar on Esplanade by a great group of friends who I've met over the course of the last nine months and spoilt with cocktails, champagne (thanks Craig), shots (thanks Melisa) and Monopoly of the Singapore variety (thanks Steve and Erica)!


I've wanted to do a Dim Sum Brunch here for a very long time so on Sunday I was joined by Jill, Vic, Tom and Rach for an all you can eat brunch at The Cherry Garden, Mandarin Oriental. It's opulence meets contemporary Chinese in the restaurant which is fitted with dark wood furnishings, brick walls and hanging lanterns. The food was delicious, the best Dim Sum I have had since I arrived here. So tasty. And all topped off with free flow champagne...slightly different from how I would spend a Sunday at home waiting roast dinner. But a great way to celebrate my birthday!



The guys made the day simply perfect. Lauren had sent over pressies and Jill gave me a wonderful birthday cheesecake...delicious!




Thank you to everyone who helped me celebrate this weekend. I have had a great first birthday in Singapore despite missing my birthday twin immensely. Have a great day next weekend Lauren, and thank you so much for my presents! Just perfect!




One of Lauren's presents was a mini Do It Yourself Trikky. A small toy made from super smooth white vinyl, ready for drawing and scribbling on. The kit contains the four inch Trikky, a mystery accessory, stickers and markers. So after brunch we all contributed to the Trikky to commemorate my birthday. Trikky is now known as Cherry...and here she is...

No comments:

Post a Comment