Sunday, May 29, 2011

TIOMAN...

My holiday to Tioman was just what I needed to relax after what can only be described as a whirlwind nine months for me. I finally got some time to relax...on my own! Flying into Tioman on Wednesday of last week was a unique experience, firstly the plane was pretty much like a toy plane, and secondly because the runway was pretty much on the beach! Ten minutes later on a bus with no sides and I arrived at the Berjaya Resort, Tioman. 30 minutes later and I was on the beach reading my first book. Bliss!


Tioman Island is a small island located 32km off the east coast of Malaysia. It's only 39km long and 12km wide with eight main villages. The densely forested inland is sparsely inhabited, and is surrounded by numerous coral reefs which makes the island very popular for scuba diving. Unlike me I wasn't really too fussed about exploring. This trip was purely about relaxation and that is exactly what I got...as well as a lot more freckles! Jill joined me for two days too which was great. Another great Rive Palace Girls memory to add to the collection!


Five days later, I managed to read three books and recharge my batteries. I've had loads of time alone to think, and reflect again on what I've achieved over the last nine months. I can't quite believe that it was this time last year that I got offered the chance to work here in Singapore and in three months time I will have been here for a year already. 

May had been full of highs and lows. Mum and dad heading home at the start of the month was hard but thanks to all the lovely people I've met since moving here I picked myself up and managed to have a really enjoyable birthday month, spoilt by the wonderful friends I've made (and those who came with me, Tom and Rachel).

So, for me, I'm hoping that June will be a quiet month. I have a few things planned but am hoping to maintain my refueled batteries before heading home for ten days in July. There's lots about my trip home I'm looking forward too...lots of baby bumps to meet, the wedding and of course seeing my wonderful family again. My next countdown has officially begun... 5 weeks and four days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment