Sunday, May 01, 2011

THE PAST TWO WEEKS...

...have been amazing! Having mum and dad here with me has made April one of the best months in the now eight that I have been away from home. I'm not sure mum and dad knew what to expect before arriving here (apart from the heat!) and I hope that they have had a wonderful Singapore experience. In preperation for their arrival I had made a "welcome pack" for them with an itinerary, sun lotion, mobile phone, MRT cards, maps, and an umbrella! Although as it turns out due to work commitments our plans had to jump around a bit.


During their first week we fitted in champagne brunch at The Fullerton and The Lion King, mum and dad explored the Botanic Gardens, Fort Canning and trawled several shopping malls! I never thought I'd hear dad say he loved shopping malls until now! I finally got to eat at Ku De Ta (and we blagged our way into the club somehow!), and of course we managed to fit in Singapore Slings at Raffles hotel...


An adventure to Sentosa to explore the island including the Merlion, the Wavehouse and Universal Studios  brought back lots of memories of our holidays to Florida when Chris and I were kids.



Other highlights included yummy dinner cooked ourselves at Hot Stones on Clarke Quay. A great visit to the Asia Civilasation Museum. Discovering where we can find amazing Sunday Roast dinners on the East Coast. A boat cruise along the Quays. The "Meet The Parents" BBQ where mum and dad were able to meet all my friends and work collegues. Lunch and after dinner drinks at Beaujolais, and our last full day together before flying home, spent on the Sightseeing buses exploring the whole of the city, finishing up at Marina Bay Sands for a trip to the top...I don't think this was mum's highlight of the holiday, but I couldn't have them heading back home not having been up to see the views across the city.


As I write this I've literally had a txt off them saying that they have arrived safe at Heathrow. I can stop worrying. Now for the drive home to Wales and back to normality. What a fabulous two weeks. It's going to take a little while for me to adjust to not having them around I think. But I am so glad that they have been able to experience a taster of what my life is like here, so now when I chat to them on Skype, talk about my friends and what I've been up to, they can at least put faces to names and envisage the places that I am referring to. Fingers crossed I will be welcoming Chris and Terresa before long too!

No comments:

Post a Comment