Friday, April 13, 2012

THAI TIME...



Joe and I have just returned from a really relaxing trip to Krabi, Thailand. Gorgeous weather, fabulous food and a resort set in the jungle. Bliss. Ao Nang (previously known Ao Phra Nang - Princess Bay) is probably the most westernised beach in Krabi, but it provided us with a spot to stay at whilst we explored. We took a day out on a boat and visited five islands. After my experience of Phuket and Phi Phi in 2010 I knew that we would have a fantastic trip.


Starting with Daeng Island, a huge rock coming out of the sea, we were able to snorkel. Well, when I see "we"...Joe snorkeled and I just stayed with my head above the water! The sea here is gorgeous. So warm and full of wonderful fish. On from here to Rai Island, with is fine sand and turquoise waters this place is extremely peaceful and when the tide is low you can actually walk from one island to the other as the beach appears and disappears at high tide. The long boats all sat bobbing up and down in the water make wonderful pictures and a wooden swing hanging from the tree made me feel like I was in paradise on my own little island.  


Lading Island up until a few years ago was free from tourists as they were not allowed to stop here. Instead it was left for the people who collected swallow nests an lived there. Today it is sometimes called "Paradise Island and a trip here is like stepping back in time.    We stopped here at the beach for lunch and met a few American school teachers who were working in Korea. The beauty of travelling. Getting to meet individuals who are all on different journeys and getting to know their stories. 


Hong Island is beautiful. We entered the unique narrow passageway into the green and blue watered lagoon. Completely surrounded by limestone mountains and mangrove forests. We spend a few hours here swimming and sun bathing on the beach. I could stay here all day! Its so blissful.


I really do love Thailand. The pace of life is slower and we joke that everything runs on "Thai Time" and although it frustrates me to start with actually when you are on holiday that is exactly what you need. To chill out and take things easy. I came back feeling refreshed and relaxed. But was super jealous of Joe getting to stay on for an extra three days! At this point I would normally have another sunshine trip planned...but my main focus now is my trip back home to the UK for Lauren and Ken's wedding. After that...who knows where Asia will take me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment