Monday, December 26, 2016

SO SAD TO SAY GOODBYE...

...to our amazing, courageous friend Sarah who passed away in July. Sarah had put up the most outstanding fight against the horrific disease that is cancer. Cancer … I hate you. I hate how you have effected so many people around me over the years.


Because Sarah had so many friends scattered all over the glove, she documented her journey in this extremely well written blog:

https://sarahsjourney.wordpress.com
 
Her husband Dan, is currently raising money for Cancer Council NSW. He is doing an outstanding job, by challenging himself to run 1000km this year, with nearly $16,000 raised to date. To sponsor him follow this link:

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/1000km2016challenge

Sarah and Dan were two of the first people I met when I first moved to Singapore. They became the foundations of my Singapore story and I will always remember how friendly and welcoming she was. Sarah was a very dear friend to everyone whilst her and Dan were living in Asia, and she continued to be so, even though she was I Australia and I hadn’t seen her for a while.

Dan's words in the final chapter could not be more true:

"Sarah never regretted anything, she lived her life to the full, always doing what made her, and others happy. She was dedicated to her friends and family, and not a single person could have asked for more from her."

Sarah had an incredibly loving heart. Her support and love for me towards the start of this year (despite everything she was going through) will stick with me forever. I will never forget her and we will continue to remember her and every single laugh, smile and memory she gave us.


To raise money, I orgainsed a Bake Off in work, which was a great success. I was so happy that every donated and we raised over $400, which I personally doubled in order to be able to give the Radford Bunting family $850 towards Sarah’s fund. 

We celebrated Sarah’s life with a stunning memorial in Sydney, held at one of Sarah’s favourite places, Balmoral Beach. I can’t quite get my head around how someone so young with so much of their life to live has been snatched away like this. But what I do know is that Sarah will never every be forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment