Sunday, October 24, 2010

NEW HOME...


I've finally moved into my new apartment! And am very excited to be finally settling down in my new home. The condo is called Riverplace and it's located on the south bank of Singapore River on Robertson Quay literally a stones throw away from Clarke Quay. Built in 2000 and has an amazing set of facilities. Two connected swimming pools, BBQ pits, gym, fitness station, tennis courts, a jogging track, putting green, jacuzzi, sauna, clubhouse, snooker table and kareoke room. As you can imagine, it's pretty much like permanently living in a hotel. This all still feels a little bit surreal. The complete opposite of my two bedroom Victorian flat in the centre of Windsor, but I feel so lucky to be here and I'm sure that the 4 week wait to get the apartment will be worth it. My two new housemates Jill and Victoria are both from the UK. Vic works for a bank here in the city and has come over from Shepards Bush. Jill's been living in Manilla for the last three years and works in property. Pretty lucky in that sense as I was absolutely useless when it came to sorting out the lease on the apartment! Too many words for my liking, I'm much better with pictures!



This weekend has been a bit more eventful than the last couple. Even though I worked super late on Friday night and pretty much missed most of it, I attended a sports social event. A masked ball at Novotel Hotel on Clarke Quay. Unfortunately, I missed the three course dinner and free champagne that I had paid $150 for! But, still managed to enjoy myself for an hour and a half. Was starving by the time I left though. However, I managed to have the best taxi driver yet, who took me to McDonalds on the way home so I could get some chicken nuggets! What a legend!


I've been feeling a bit homesick this week as I'm missing everyone immensely. I've been here for 7 weeks now and although time is flying by it's hard not to think about what everyone is up to at home. Thank you to all those who perk me up though via email, text and skype! As I write this I'm chatting to mum who's telling me about the lush roast beef dinner that she is cooking up! I miss tasting the gravy! But, we've spoken about celebrating Christmas all over again in February when I'm back, so I can look forward to an extra special roast then. I don't think my idea of keeping the Christmas tree up until then went down very well though. Shame. I'm going to miss mine and Amanda's annual "Sprucey Brucey" weekend this year. Happy Birthday to Terresa for today...hope you have a great day and Chris spoils you rotten once he is home off his stag weekend. Lots of love to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment