Sunday, October 31, 2010

TIME FLIES WHEN YOU'RE HAVING FUN...

Another week has been and gone! Work is still really busy but we had very positive feedback from the pitch, so fingers crossed we will hear soon whether or not we won it! My first week in the new apartment has gone really well but it still feels very much like I am living in a hotel. I can't quite get my head around the fact that I have all these facilities on my door step.

As Rachel works just a few streets away now, we often meet up for lunch and this week we tried out a new cafe that has opened just around the corner. I'd heard lots of great things about PS Cafe so have been wanting to try it out. Most probably the most expensive lunch I have had since I have been here. A nice atmosphere that reminded a lot of Brown's in Windsor. Rachel and I both felt that we could easily have been transported back there for the hour.


A "quiet Friday night" drink turned into a much heavier night than I originally thought it would. Rachel and I had started out with a lovely bottle of wine at our local wine bar. A few more drinks with the Design Bridge team and we found ourselves back in my neck of the woods at a La Terraza rooftop bar which is part of the Screening Room. A five-storey building with great views of downtown Singapore. This became my first experience of buying a bottle of vodka at a bar, rather than single drinks.


Mum...I know you're going to be horrified by this concept, but, it actually works out cheaper, and promise I didn't drink it all myself. Between four of us, the bottle went a long way and pretty much lasted all night. It was nice to head out with Tom's work mates for the evening and get to know them a bit better. It feels like I have met a vast amount of people now, and can not believe that I was even slightly worried about being lonely.


Getting in at 3am Saturday morning pretty much wrote my day off until the afternoon when Tom and Rachel popped around to check out the new place. Obviously, it's Halloween, and it seems to be celebrated by more adults than children by the looks of things and everyone is over enthusiastic about it. Not me though! I haven't really got into the spirit of Halloween this year and despite the girls heading out last night in fancydress, we decided to have a more relaxed evening. Dinner at the local Italian followed by the cinema to watch Social Network.

I was up early this morning for a swim and was amazed that I was the only person in the pool at 10am!I lay on a sunlounger for a few hours reading my book. It hasn't been too hot today, and the sun kept hiding behind the clouds which made it bearable to lie in for longer than 20 minutes. At lunch I made an amazing discovery! Rose beer. Which means that I will now be able to keep up with the lads when we all go out! Yey! The label looks like it could do with a redesign though ;)


I've got another busy week ahead. A few deadlines in work and lots of social activities. Tomorrow night Steve (my MD) and his wife Erica will mostly be entertaining us at 80s Ukulele night. I'm not quite sure what to expect from that but it should be fun. Another sports social Wednesday night so will be nice to see all the guys I met at the ball again. And...we have a short week as its bank holiday weekend here. Again. Friday is Deepavali Festival, so we won't be in work which left us with a perfect opportunity to have a housewarming! Watch this space for plenty of housewarming celebration pictures. I have a feeling it's going to be a good one!

Love to Lauren and Ken this week who celebrated their engagement last night. I hope you both had an amazing time and enjoyed yourselves. We can re-celebrate when I come home in January. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment