Monday, November 08, 2010

iLIGHT FESTIVAL...

So, in amongst all the fun I've been having this weekend, I also managed to fit in something cultural. I've been wanting to get along to "i Light Marina Bay" for a few weeks now without getting the chance to. Saturday night before the rugby, myself, Tom and Rach headed down to the new resort to check out Asia's First Sustainable Light Art Festival. 




The 26 light artworks are scattered around across 3.5km of Marina Bay and span The Helix Bridge, The Floating Platform, Esplanade (mum and dad...this is where you will be staying when you visit) One Fullerton, The Promontory@Marina Bay all the way to the City Gallery at the Waterfront Promenade. Unfortunately it was raining, so we didn't get to do the whole circuit. But what we did get to see was really impressiveIt's free to walk around so you get to go as fast or as slow as you like and as the exhibits are spread out you don't feel like there are lots of people around and each artwork is accompanied by a sign so you know what your looking at. One of my favourite were the giant potted flowers. I thought of Lauren instantly...she would love them! 




I think "Positive Attracts" was the best artwork for me though. This lighting sculpture explores the belief that the optimism of our mental state of mind (4th dimension) can effect a positive outcome on your physical state. It's a dream-like reinterpretation of our modern day wishing well. My favourite quote was Walt Disney. "If you can dream, you can do it". I really felt emotionally touched by this as I don't particularly dream a lot, but I did "dream" that one day I would work abroad. And here I am, and I have proved that, yes, I can do it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment