Sunday, November 28, 2010

SPRUCEY BRUCEY...

Traditionally Amanda and I have bought a Sprucey for my house on the first weekend in December and had an evening in decorating, most probably eating Tacos, drinking rose and watching X Factor! I think over the last 5 years the only time we've not done this is when we celebrated Christmas in Australia. We actually had our Annual Sprucey Brucey weekend booked into our diaries a while before I left for Singapore. So, this weekend, I swapped the cold, and wet trip to Homebase with Amanda, for a very hot, sweaty, and very entertaining trip to Ikea to buy a bed. Yes, we actually went to buy a new bed. But, stumbled across real Christmas trees in Ikea of all places. Despite it still being November, I am sat in the living room of our apartment, writing this entry admiring our first River Place Sprucey Brucey. A six foot tastefully decorated in red and gold "Swedish" tree. 


Liam and Arlene had a lovely house warming BBQ yesterday evening so I spent a few hours there and then went to meet Jill and a few others on Clarke Quay to watch the Welsh match. I had a $50 bet with one of the lads that Wales would win, as I always have confidence in them, and after staying up til 1.30am to watch the match was very disappointed as you can imagine. Not only was I extremely tired, I was also $50 down. I recovered from my hangover by the pool before a few hours at a Thanksgiving celebration. We seem to have met quite a few Americans so it was nice to celebrate with them today. 

So. What's happening this week? Well, tomorrow I will mostly spend the day wishing I was in Wales helping mum celebrate her birthday and mum and dad celebrate their anniversary. Work is going to be quite busy this week I think so that should distract me. And I'll certainly have a drink for them in the week because it is also Rachel's birthday this week! I love you both and miss you loads! Massive hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment