Wednesday, November 24, 2010

THE LAST WEEK...

...has been a lot more chilled than last week. A week ago tomorrow we celebrated Jill's Birthday. As a special birthday treat and a thank you to Jill for all her efforts in the lead up to us moving into our apartment I bought her a cake from The Patissier. Recommended to me by the boys in work, The Patissier are a singapore-grown patissierie that "takes the very best of traditional French baking techniques and translates them into innovative and original sweet indulgences." Mum, you are going to love this place! The cakes are like works of art, always freshly-baked with the finest ingredients. It took me ages to decide which one to go for with so many to choose from! I decided on the Cocoa Napoleon. Mascarpone cheese with chocolate-flavoured mousse juxtaposed against a crunchy chocolaty crust. Delicious!


Check out the website to see all the other amazing cakes they make! Lauren there is a wedding cake section if you are interested : http://www.thepatissier.com


I had last Friday off work and spent the day be very lazy! It was so sunny...which I usually get annoyed about as I'm always stuck indoors when the sun is out, so I spent a few hours in the sunshine by the pool. Enjoying the peace and quiet whilst all the children were in school. Saturday was pretty much the same again followed by my first experience of Zouk. One of the oldest and most popular nightclubs in Singapore it has won the Singapore Tourism Boards "Best Nightspot Experience" award 6 times and is also ranked number 10 on DJ Magazine's list of Top 100 clubs in the world 2010. It certainly was an experience like no other! Meeting with Hannah and her boyfriend Liam, who are travelling the world together, the evening started relatively quietly...and got progressively worse when we moved into the club. Some local friends of Hannah's ordered the drinks and handed me a straight Whiskey...yuck! Followed by shots, which I can't even tell you the name of! I left before it got out of control. I wanted to catch the Bridgend girls whilst they were all together at Lauren's baby shower. Lush to speak to you girls! 



With mum's birthday and mum and dad's anniversary approaching I'm feeling a bit "homesick". Being so far away from them on their special day always makes me so sad. It seems like I'm never there for the special occasions. I always miss Mother's Day too! It probably doesn't help that as I'm sat here Jill and I are watching "A Very Annie Mary", which brings back lots of memories of home! Works quieter this week compared to last week. A few of you have asked what the studio looks like. So...now that we've had our "feature wall" put up, which features a Magnum Gold?!, here is a sneak peak at where I spend most of my time!





No comments:

Post a Comment