Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'LL HAVE THE CHRYSANTHEMUM PLEASE...

Jill suggested Japanese for dinner last night, and after a long day in work it was called for! We decided to try Ichiban Tei which is directly across the river from the apartment so not too far to walk. I don't think I've ever been to a proper Japanese restaurant before, only having eaten sushi from the supermarket or small sushi train bars. So you can imagine my excitement when the "sushimi" came with a tiny chrysanthemum garnish, which Jill told me I could actually eat! I wouldn't normally have believed her but Chris had bought me a Chrysanthemum White Tea at lunch so I figured if I could drink them I could eat them! It was horrid! As you can probably see from facial expressions below, I was excited to eat it but couldn't swallow it quick enough. Never again! They look pretty, but taste foul. Mands...fancy trying this when you visit? I know how much you love fish ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment