Wednesday, September 29, 2010

2010 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX...


So the Grand Prix finally arrived. The build up here was intense. Everywhere I went for the first couple of weeks SingTel were promoting and as I've never been to a Grand Prix before I wasn't really sure what to expect, well, apart from the noise obviously.
Friday night blew me away. The shear volume was incredible. And although you could buy a "survival pack" which included earplugs I thought it kind of defeated the object. I wanted to experience the sound and hear everything that was going on around me. As we arrived at the track, we were casually walking towards the bar. I heard a car and moved to my right to avoid being run over. I glanced to my left, and there she was, Missy Elliot, sat casually in the back of a car trying to get through the crowd. As you can imagine...I'm super excited at this point! A few beers in, we made our way over to the Pandang where the main concerts were taking place just in time to see Missy pop out of a box on stage. 

She's mad! Not only is she wearing a PVC/shellsuit number, it's black...she must be boiling. The temperature doesn't drop here at night. So whilst she's giving it her all on stage she must be sweating her b**bs off! She brought back so many memories from A Level/College years! I've never experienced a concert where the artist jumps off the stage and the into crowd, who literally parted instantly for her to perform "Work It" amongst her fans. Walking back to the track, I hear another horn, this time I turn to see two golf buggys. The first piled high with instrument cases. The second...Escala, the electric string quartet. Amazing.

Saturday proved equally as exciting as I got to catch up with Phil and Tom who'd arrived in Singapore the week before but had been off an adventure to Kuala Lumpar. I'd been out house hunting all day, so when I finally arrived I was in much need of a drink! The boys had seats in the Grandstand on the straight overlooking the bay stage so I went and joined them ready for the Qualifying rounds. To be honest I didn't really have a clue what was going on! I'm a total girl when it comes to F1 it seems. Ask me about cricket...I'm much more knowledgeable! Nevertheless, the evening was quality. It was so nice to see the lads and I was overwhelmed once again that I was sat, watching the Grand Prix in Singapore. I wouldn't swap this experience with anything else right now! Thank you to Tom and Phil for making me laugh until I cried...you've been great fun. My first visitors to my new home.


So, after all the hype, it's been and gone. But now I know what to expect for next year which I'm sure will be equally as enjoyable. I also managed to find somewhere to live this weekend, have a manicure and pedicure, and do some shopping on Orchard Road (again!) So, as you can imagine by Sunday I was shattered. 

No comments:

Post a Comment